APPLICATION CONDITIONS FOR the Turkish Citizenship by ınvestment ın 2020
Turkish Citizenship by Investment in 2020
Become a Turkish Citizen just by $ 250.000 Investment only within 4 months with our Turkish Immigration law Attorneys.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS TURKISH CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT 2020.
ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT TURKISH CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT IN 2020
- If I have previously purchased a property worth USD 1.000.000, do I still have to purchase another property worth USD 250.000?
In case the property in the amount of 1.000.000 USD is purchased before the new legislation which is September 19, 2018, the applicant may place the aforementioned annotation (the restriction to not to sell the property for 3 years) and directly apply for the citizenship. In other words; the applicant does not have to purchase another property in case he owns a property worth 1.000.000 USD.
- Is one Title Deed for multiple families is possible?
For example; if there are two families and the value of one property is 500.000 USD, both families may apply depending on such one property as long as both of the names of the main applicants are written on the title deed of such property.
- Can I buy more than one property and apply for citizenship?
Yes, you can buy more than one property provided that their total value is USD 250.000.
- Do I have to make the transfer at the title registration office?
You can purchase the property by transferring the title at the title registration office or you can make a purchase contract (promise to sell) at the notary and not make the title transfer as long as the property is registered at the title registration office.
However, please be noted that we advise our clients to purchase the property by transferring the title at the title registration office in order to avoid possible future dispute.
- Can Syrians not living in Turkey apply for citizenship?
Yes, they can apply for Turkish citizenship in 2020. However they cannot apply via purchasing property since Syrians are not allowed to purchase property in Turkey. But they can apply by depositing USD 500.000 or buying governmental bonds in the amount of USD 500.000 or any other methods stated in this memorandum.
- Can Syrians that came to Turkey under “Temporary Acceptance” apply for citizenship?
Yes, they can also apply for citizenship but they cannot use the method of purchasing property depending on the aforementioned reason.
- Can Syrians residing in Turkey and holding a second nationality of other countries apply for citizenship?
Yes, they can apply depending on their second nationality and if they do they can use the method of purchasing property since they will not be regarded as Syrians once they apply on their second nationality.
- How much are the translation and notarization charges?
Depending on the number of the family members, the charges are around TRY 2.000 – 5.000 for a family of four.
- Does my application cover my family as well?
Yes, your wife and children under 18 or your dependent children over 18 can apply with the main applicant for the Turkish Citizenship by investment in 2020.
If you desire, the family of the main applicant can apply after the main applicant becomes a Turkish citizen in 2020.
- Can the main applicant apply for children from previous marriage of the spouse?
The children of the spouse under 18 may be included to the main applicant’s application process provided that the consent of the biological parent is received.
- Can the main applicant apply for his handicapped children above 18?
Yes, since handicapped children over 18 are considered as dependent children to parents, they are also included to the main applicant’s application.
- If my children are under 18 when making the application and they become over 18 when the application is finalized, can they still apply under the main applicant’s file?
Yes, they can apply under the main applicant’s file.
- Is there a fast track option when making the application in 2020?
Unfortunately there is no fast track option as of now. But we will do anything to expedite the process.
- I have previously obtained a residence permit. Can I use such permit when making the application?
Since the law is new, we will try to use your previous residence permit, however the immigration authority may require such permit to be retaken.
- Do I have to come to Turkey for the Turkish Citizenship application process in 2020 or can you handle everything by power of attorney?
We can handle almost everything by power of attorney. The main applicant has to come to Turkey only once.
- If I choose the method depositing USD 500.000 to the bank, do I have to deposit it after the promulgation of the new law which is September 19, 2018?
Yes, you have to deposit such amount to the bank at a date after September 19, 2018. However if you have deposited such amount before September 19, 2018, you can withdraw your money and deposit it again. But in this case, the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency (“BRSA”) has to give their consent to such transaction.
- Can I have interest on top of my money for the following 3 years since I will not be able to move such money for 3 years?
Yes, you can have interest or you can have contribution to your money for 3 years.
- Can the lawyer act on my behalf and purchase the property in Turkey for the Turkish Citizenship by Investment in 2020?
Yes, we can act on your behalf and purchase the property depending on the power of attorney.
- Can I vote after I become a Turkish citizen?
Yes, you can vote and you can use any other right like other Turkish citizens.
- After I become Turkish citizen, can I purchase property without any restriction?
Yes, you can purchase property without any restriction.
- I have previously applied for Turkish citizenship and my application is denied. Can I apply again depending on the new law?
Yes, if you meet the requirements stated above, you can apply again.
- How long does the application process for the Turkish Citizenship by investment in 2020 take?
It takes approximately 6 months however due to number of application files; such duration may be shortened or extended.
- What mechanism can I use that I can negotiate with developers to obtain a refund of the property (undo the transaction) if the Citizenship is rejected? What would it take?
Unfortunately there is no way to negotiate with the developers however you may conclude an agreement with the developer stating that the money shall be refunded in case the citizenship application is denied. However it is not certain that every developer will agree with that.
- Can the property be off-plan? What are the criteria if I select such property? Are there any restrictions?
Yes, the property can be off-plan as long as the purchasing price of the property –minimum USD 250.000- is written on the title deed. Please note that; there is no restriction and please also note that the applicant may even purchase land that is considered as “field” and the applicant may apply for citizenship accordingly.
- Are all application fees included in your fees? What are the Government charges for Due Diligence and/or processing fees?
No, the fee is only for services to be rendered. In other words, our fee is excluded from any charge, fee etc.
As previously explained, the following order is advised to be followed and please see the fee and charge estimation underlined;
The property is selected by the client. Such property value shall be over USD 250.000.
The applicant should check whether there is army permission on the property. If not, receiving the army permission takes around 2 months.
An expert report is issued by a certified valuation company. (optional) Even though this is optional, the charge of such expert fee is around 1.000 – 2.000 TRY
The property transfer is completed at the title registry with the condition that the amount of USD 250.000 is written in the deed. There is 4% title deed transfer fee which calculated over the full purchase price.
Once the transfer is completed, the application process begins. Since the law is very recent, the application fees are not precisely determined however it will not exceed 5.000 TRY
- Is it a way – as it happens in Cyprus – that I do not complete on the purchase of the property until I obtain the citizenship and the developer keeps the funds in Escrow until I obtain the citizenship?
Please note that; there is no escrow system in Turkish law. Therefore, the applicant and/or the developer cannot keep the funds in an escrow account. Please be noted that; the title deed transfer shall be completed first in order to apply for citizenship.
- Where the Criminal Record should be obtained from (country of citizenship or country of residency?)
It should be obtained from the country of citizenship.
- Are there specific regulations for citizens of Palestinian State on acquisition of Turkish citizenship?
Regulation of 06.03.2019 and 1058120 number entered into force. Therefore, the identity card or passport (refugee travel document etc.) issued by other countries except for the identity card and passport issued by their own countries is also accepted in this scope, if it is presented with a residence permit certificate has issued by the Directorate General of Migration Management, which is specific to the citizens of Palestinian State.
Also, for stateless persons (Amendment to the Law No. 1058120 dated 06.03.2019) A stateless person identity document issued by governors will be sought in accordance with Article 50/2 of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection No. 6458.
- Which bank do you suggest that I should work with?
We have very close relationship with Turkiye Finans Bank, Albaraka Turk bank and Kuveyt Turk bank but the client is free to choose any bank s/he desires.
- I do not have a passport but I have a travel document, can I apply with travel document only?
Yes, you can apply for the Turkish Citizenship by Investment only with travel document but you cannot use property purchase option but only bank deposit option in 2020.
- In case the previous owner of the property is a non-Turkish person, should I still purchase such property for the Turkish Citizenship by Investment in 2020?
In the event that the previous owner of the property is a non-Turkish person, it is important to have a look at the date of the previous sale. Nevertheless, in case previous owner has purchased such property before 2017, there is no obstacle in your sales transaction.
However, in case the previous owner has purchased such property after 2017, we advise you not to purchase such property since your sales transaction may not be accepted as an investment and your citizenship application might be denied due to breach of the related law.
- Is it easier for a Turkish citizen to immigrate to USA or UK in 2020?
Since USA provides quota each year to every country, it is easier to access to United States of America via EB-1 and EB-2 visas since original Turkish citizens do not apply to such visa and there is always quota left for extra Turkish citizens.
There is a special international treaty between United Kingdom and Turkey, such treaty is called either «Treaty of Ankara» or «Ankara Agreement» and it makes it really easy to immigrate and even work in UK.
CONTACT US TO BECOME TURKISH CITIZEN by INVESTMENT IN 2020… Citizenship in Turkey, Citizenship Turkey, Turkish Citizenship, Turkish Citizenship by Investment, Turkish Citizenship by Real Estate Investment, Acquiring Turkish Citizenship, Citizenship Lawyer in Turkey, Turkish Citizenship Lawyer